Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Back in the Kitchen again!


After a long break from baking, I am once again in baking heaven. The economy is definately picking up, and people are ready to celebrate with a fabulous cake.

My re-entry is this Doctor's bag cake that was for a wedding last weekend. It's a Red velvet cake iced and filled with ganache (Is there anything in the world as delicious as ganache?) I made accessories out of gumpaste: a stethoscope, an otoscope, a thermometer, some pills, and a prescription pad that said "Take 2 kisses and call me in the morning" with the Groom's actual signature on it!

It's a good thing I am basically humble, because this cake caused a sensation! Everyone dropped what they were doing to see it, and the Chefs even came out if the kitchen! Ahh, I did well!

No comments:

Post a Comment